The AMF is aware of your concerns about protecting personal information on the Internet and mindful of meeting its obligations under An Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information ("Québec Access to Information Act"), the Archives Act and An Act to establish a legal framework for information technology.
This site does not place any permanent cookies in the memories of visitors' computers, only a temporary file required for the PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) navigation session. This temporary file in the RAM is automatically deleted when the visitor leaves the site.
You can deactivate the acceptance of cookies at any time using the options available on your browser. This could, however, deprive you of certain on-line services or advanced functionalities.
Information sent automatically
You should be aware that when you access the www.tesaffaires.com website, information is automatically exchanged, without any intervention on your part, between your browser and the AMF's server. This exchange of information is required for the server to send you a file compatible with the computer equipment you are using. The following information, which does not identify you personally, is exchanged at that time:
- The domain name (for example, "xyzcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "university.edu") if you access the Internet through a university, and your IP address (an IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet access provider every time you surf the Internet) used to access our site;
- The type of browser (for example, Netscape or Explorer) and operating system (for example, Windows or Mac OS) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit;
- If you reach our site through another site, the address of that site (referencing site).
The AMF keeps the information required to keep track of the number of visitors, the pages visited most often, the technology used by site visitors, the referencing sites and the country of origin of Internet users.
If you send personal information
In accordance with the Québec Access to Information Act, if the AMF requests personal information, you will be informed of the following when information is first collected:
- The name and address of the public organization for which the information is being collected;
- The purposes for which the information is collected;
- The categories of persons who will have access to the information;
- The fact that a reply is mandatory or optional;
- The consequences of refusing to reply;
- Your rights to access and correct information as set out by law.
The AMF recommends that you not use the Internet or e-mail to transfer any personal information unless you have encrypted it. If you voluntarily send us personal information by e-mail or by completing a form on this website, the AMF will use only the information needed to respond to your message or request. The AMF will not communicate personal information to other persons or organizations without your consent except for situations stipulated by the Québec Access to Information Act, its constituting legislation and the laws it is responsible for administering.
Only authorized persons at AMF have access to this information, and they may only consult it when it is required to perform their duties.
Personal information held by the AMF is used only for the purposes for which it was gathered. It is archived or destroyed in a secure manner when it is no longer necessary, as required by law.
If you send us a question and personal information which should have been sent to another organization, we will tell you the name of the organization to which you should send it and we will destroy the information you sent us.
The information sent will, in no event, be used to create user profiles and will not be sent to any private organization.
We draw your attention to the fact that the sending of information through our website or by e-mail is not secure. We advise you either not to send personal information or to take appropriate steps to make it secure.
If you create a hyperlink to the tesaffaires.com site, it must not imply or state that the AMF is associated in any way whatsoever with any other website, or that the AMF has approved its content. The AMF reserves the right to request at any time that a hyperlink be removed.
Policy compliance, comments or complaints
Should you wish further information on this policy, if you have comments to make about it or if you would like to make a complaint because you feel that it has not been followed, you may contact us.